NaBloPoMo: Day 24
I can’t believe I’ve been a first time (town)homeowner for 2 days now. Let me tell you. I have learned a few things in that short amount of time.
Get ready for a list. Remember I’m a listmaker. It was bound to happen (again).
1. I guess marking a box “fragile” doesn’t mean much at the end of a long moving day. I lost a few “glass” items during the move. I found the box at the bottom of a tower of boxes. The box on top was marked “books”. *smacks head*
2. You *CAN* have too much packing tape on a box. (My husband loves the packing tape.)
3. Set aside some band-aids b/c you will need them before, during and after. Last count was 13 box related cuts. Oh wait. There’s number 14 and 15 too.
4. Don’t be surprised if you are using a beach towel as a bathroom rug b/c you can’t find your “real” rugs. I mean. So I’ve heard.
5. Call the utilities ASAP. The builders will only foot the bill for so long. My neighbor learned that the hard way. Can you say… Light’s out!? They even padlocked her meter. Dayum.
6. The boxes start to multiple like rabbits.
7. You will have TONS of trash on your first trash pick up day. I think my trashman hates me right now.
8. You won’t be able to park in your garage for several weeks. (See #6)
9. You won’t know how you ever lived without your own washer and dryer before.
10. Acknowledge and appreciate all your friends and family. Without them this would not be possible.
Posted from WordPress app via iPhone